Asked and Answered (Robert Catterall)
Hi DB2 user,
Here is a first set of Robert Catterall's Asked and Answered about DB2 for z/OS, published in DB2mag:
- When a program contains a static SQL statement that references an unqualified table name, how can you know ...?
- Where can I find a code snippet for accessing DB2 for z/OS stored procedures in Java using input parameters?
- What's your recommendation for performing DB2 v.7 traces running under z/OS V1R4 in a production environment?
- Could you provide some recommendations for conserving disk space on a mainframe?
- What's the best way to implement stored procedures as the communication mechanism to a mainframe?
- Do you know of any products that use DRDA without a local DB2 in an MVS (OS/390, Z/OS) environment?
- How the DBA roles differ between Linux, Unix, and Windows (LUW) and the mainframe?
- Why does PROGRAM TYPE SUB minimize the number of moduel reloads in in the WLM-managed stored procedures address spaces, and are there any drawbacks to that approach?
- Would the DB2 Governor work as an interim solution that would let us assign higher priority for online requests and lower priority for batch?
- Do you have to use WLM-managed stored procedure execution environments if you want to use one DB2 for z/OS stored procedure program for multiple different schemas in a database — or are there other options?
- What steps can we take to achieve faster group restart for a four-member data sharing group?
- Do the DB2 v.7 for z/OS ZPARMS SRTPOOL and MAXRBLK refer to the global respective sort spaces or to the SORT and RID SORT pools for each individual user?