Redpaper DB2 9 for z/OS: Configuring SSL for Secure Client-Server Communications
Hi DB2 User,
IBM just published a new Redpaper, "DB2 9 for z/OS: Configuring SSL for Secure Client-Server Communications, REDP-4630-00":
This IBM Redpaper provides information about how to setup and configure DB2 9 for z/OS with Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) using the z/OS V1R10 Communications Server: IP Application Transparent -Transport Layer Security (AT-TLS) services. This paper also covers the basic configuration steps for configuring SSL support for non-Java DB2 clients and IBM Data Server Driver for JDBC and SQLJ type 4 connectivity clients to access a DB2 9 for z/OS server.
The intended audience for this paper includes network and security administrators and database administrators who want to setup and configure SSL support for DB2 9 for z/OS.
Table of Contents
- Overview of SSL and IP AT-TLS
- Configuring DB2 9 for z/OS server with SSL support
- Configuring DB2 9 for z/OS requester with SSL support
- Configuring Java applications using IBM Data Server Driver for JDBC and SQLJ to use SSL
- Configuring non-Java DB2 clients for Linux, UNIX, and Windows to use SSL
- Configuring remote client applications to use SSL via a DB2 Connect server for Linux, UNIX, and Windows